04/06/2008

Dona Nobis Pacem

Today it's another blogblast for peace hosted by wonderful mimi.

Dona Nobis Pacem. Grant us peace. Gib uns Frieden.

Everybody can do something. Every peace starts with a little smile. Don't look away. Do something!!!

But nothing says it better than this:

Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd ever dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war

I dreamed I saw a mighty room
Filled with women and men
And the paper they were signing said
They'd never fight again

And when the paper was all signed
And a million copies made
They all joined hands and bowed their heads
And grateful pray'rs were prayed

And the people in the streets below
Were dancing 'round and 'round
While swords and guns and uniforms
Were scattered on the ground

Last night I had the strangest dream
I'd never dreamed before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
To put an end to war.




Visit other peace globes!


Thanks for visiting,
Hugs and Peace to all of you,
&hearts Sonny &hearts

22 shared thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sonny!!!
very well said and I love your peace globe!

SjP said...

Peace be unto you, yours, and the world.

Prayers for Global Peace

SjP

Anonymous said...

Great too see you on board and a great song - thanks for sharing!

Mine is up too :-)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Great song ... never heard John Denver sing this before
thanks for sharing -amazing


My Peace Post

Karen Jo said...

I love the song and your Peace Globe.

Barb said...

Love the John Denver song!

"I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there."
~Mother Teresa~

Gattina said...

I love this song !
It's so appropriate

Peace & Love

PS Ich habe als Kind in Bonn gewohnt.

Ivanhoe said...

Ahhh, John Lennon... I wonder what he would think about today's world if he was still alive. Have a peaceful day and let love rule!

Julie said...

Very good. Love seeing John Denver too.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Ps. 34:14

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting everyone who signed the BlogBlast for Peace Linky, here's my post if you have a minute to stop by. Wishing you peace today and always.

http://tinyurl.com/5bcljw

Barb said...

Wonderful video. Wishing you, me, all of us, peace.

Mom Knows Everything said...

Peace to you and to all the people of the world!

Raven said...

I had forgotten this song. Wonderful peace post. May the dream come true.

Sandee said...

What a beautiful dream. I wish it to be so. Have a peaceful day. :)

Jennifer Chasse said...

PEACE! That's it. If I say it enough, shout it even... maybe if I throw a temper tantrum like I am 2... maybe one day peace will be achieved.

Anonymous said...

Excellent choice of songs. Very poignant lyrics for today's efforts for peace.

Mimi Lenox said...

I haven't heard this song in a long time. Thank you for playing it. What a lovely lovely globe and post.

Peace to you and yours.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Well done! This day is unbelievable! Peace to you and your family…

Anonymous said...

peace to you also

Akelamalu said...

Peace to you and yours. :)

Travis Cody said...

What a wonderful dream!

Peace to you and yours!

Annelisa said...

Somehow I missed your peace post back in 2008...hope you are well. Wishing you and yours peace and happiness x

[your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]