04/04/2008

Photo Hunt: Glass

Welcome to Saturday Photo Hunt.
This weeks' theme is "glass".
So I had a look at my photo archive and tried to figure out which picture I could choose.
I decided to choose this one:This picture was taken during our last summer holiday at the north-sea. We drank some glasses of "Moorgeist" (Ghost of marsh) one evening. It's a traditional East Frisian liquor with 56% alcohol. You pour it into the special glasses (you could use any glass of course) and light it up. After some seconds enjoying the light-effects (don't wait too long or all the alcohol will be gone...) you use the little pan to quench the fire. !!Careful it's hot!! ;-)


You wanna know how it taste? Maybe this'll answer your question:

As you can see I don't like much liquor made of wheat and herbs.

But after some glasses I don't taste it anymore....:obviously... ;-)


Okay, that's all for today. Hope you liked it. Please don't forget to leave a comment....
Hugs to you,
♥ Sonny ♥

13 shared thoughts:

Melli said...

Oh dear! It's pretty with the flames though!

Hootin Anni said...

I've never had that....but by the looks of what effects it has, I wanna try it now!!! LOL

My 'glass' is shared, I sure hope you can find time to drop by for a visit if you haven't already.

Happy Saturday to you, and happy hunting!!!

Barbara said...

Interesting but you could not drink very much!

Anonymous said...

With a facial expression like that, I think I'll have to pass on that. Looks great with the flames though.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Heheh...

Love the flames...

Mia said...

Great capture with the flames. Thank you for developing the story. *giggle*

Sarge Charlie said...

excellent photos, makes me wonder why anyone would drink the stuff. Oh well, my last drink was a quart of Beefeaters in 1987, none since.

Katney said...

It reminds me of traveling years ago when our hostess in Croatia (then part of Yugoslavia) insisted we have the local traditional drink, slivowicz. She drank cognac.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Moorgeist... hmm... have to remember, thanks for sharing - great shots, esp. the second!

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I had to smile. Nice post.

gaj38 said...

that looks like fun...hic!
view mine if you wish here
thanks

sammawow said...

Nice shots and a great take on the theme! I've never heard of Moorgeist but it looks like fun!

Four-eyed-missy said...

Hi Sonny - that's great! We have similar takes on this week's photo hunt theme. It's also the reason why I put up my entry so late :D